- 1 Tablespoon canola or peanut oil (coconut oil would probably work well too)
- 1 onion -chopped
- 3 cloves garlic -chopped
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes-peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup red lentils
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (my mom says she thinks agave would work well, will be trying that next time)
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
I highly recommend this soup. It's really so delicious; the Thai seasonings give the soup lots of flavor while the coconut milk and sweet potato contribute to the great creamy texture, not to mention add lots of flavor themselves.
What is your favorite fall food?
I"m really going to try to post more regularly in the future. I made numerous yummy dishes recently that I look forward to sharing with you. I've been experimenting with making homemade whole-wheat bread. I"m still working on perfecting the recipe but certainly be expecting that soon. I'm currently in the process of making some home made nutter butter cups, so I better go check on those. Yum!
Thanks for reading,