Monday, November 1, 2010

I Sceam, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream!

Hello!
Happy All Saints Day or eve of all Soul's day or post Halloween day -so many things to be celebrated today!
I'm a bit pressed for time but I just wanted to post quickly to tell you about something I made yesterday that was absolutely delicious. Homemade ice cream. But, you may be thinking "I thought you are trying to limit your dairy consumption?" Oh right, oops I forgot. Just kidding!! Of course I remember, Mr.Headache won't let me forget. This was dairy free ice cream!
   So creamy. So chocolately. So coconutty. So delicious
Regardless of if you consume dairy or not, you need to try this recipe! It only consists of 4 ingredients, too. Coconut milk, agave, coco powder, and vanilla. What could be simpler?
Absolutely delectable.

I wish I could take credit for this wonderful recipe, but sadly I cannot. I found it at The Nourishing Gourmet. Recipe here

On another note, I'm working on improving my picture quality. The pictures of the above ice cream were actually taken on my diving board. I find that natural light, as opposed to flash helps the pictures turn out better. But, seeing as I have tons of trees in my yard, sunlight is pretty limited. So the diving board was the natural choice for an ice cream photo shoot.

Any other tips for improving picture quality? Do you ever do silly stuff to make your pictures look better? (I didn't even mention the sprig of mint I added to my ice cream!)

Hope your enjoying this beautiful November day!

-Ann Claire

7 comments:

Mandiee said...

Ooh, coconut milk ice cream sounds really good! Ever since I tried coconut again (I used to think I was allergic), I just cannot seem to get enough. Have you ever tried coconut butter or coconut oil? Trust me, you will never want dairy again once you slater things in them :P.

Have a lovely day!
xox

teenagehealthfreak said...

mmmm!!! this sounds so good!!!!! i hope you don't need an ice cream maker to make this....i'm sure that's a dumb statement!! lol..wow...looks great.

Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen said...

I love coconut milk in homemade ice cream! This looks so good!

carlotta cisternas said...

Oh my gosh, this looks so good! Yum.

Kelsey Ann said...

by the time i was done taking pictures i can guarantee you that yummy ice cream would be melted. i am a photo-taking obsessor..gotta always get the 'right' angles and toss on he perfect garnishes lol

Anonymous said...

Gaaaaaahh this ice cream looks TO-DIE-FOR! And the coconut milk just makes me drool even more. XD

Ayla said...

I want an ice cream maker so that I can make homemade dairy-free ice cream. :(

In order to get decent photos I take a lot of them on my living room floor because the lighting is better there.. haha.